Buying or selling a home is one of the most important decisions you can make. In today’s competitive market, it’s imperative to have a REALTOR® you can trust. As your REALTOR® I will help you navigate the process and make it an incredible experience. You are my top priority!
You can count on me for:
- Specialized knowledge and understanding of the local market.
- A customized buying or selling plan based on your needs.
- Clear and consistent communication.
- Negotiation skills that yield results.
- Honesty and guidance.
I’ve sold homes all over Austin and in the communities of Lakeway, Cedar Park, Round Rock, Dripping Springs, Driftwood, Buda, Bastrop, and Pflugerville. Many of my clients come from out-of-town. I’ve met people from all over the U.S. including New Hampshire, Florida, Georgia, California, Washington, Oklahoma, Ohio and from other countries like Saudi Arabia and China! I enjoy telling clients about Austin – everything from local history, to cultural events and places to go, to what areas are hot.
- I’ve worked in real estate since 2001 and became a Texas REALTOR® in 2004.
- In 2007, I earned two designations so that I could better serve my clients. The GRI designation which means I’m a Graduate of the Realtor Institute. I gained in-depth knowledge about legal and regulatory issues, technology and the sales process. And the SRS designation – Seller Representative Specialist.
- The following year, in 2008, I earned the EcoBroker® designation – the premier green designation program. I learned crucial information for building and buying homes that are energy-efficient. I’m able to help clients transform a home into a tight, “green,” energy-efficient home in a budget-friendly manner.
- In 2011, I received a Broker designation. Subsequently, in 2012, I established my own company, Goodwin & Goodwin Real Estate
- And in 2013 I earned the CRS designation – Certified Residential Specialist. This is the highest credential awarded to realtors and brokers. It entails coursework plus a higher level of sales production. Only about 4% of all agents earn this designation!
I was born in Arlington Heights (a suburb of Chicago), but at the age of three, was moved to Dallas, Texas. In 1985 I moved to Austin to attend the University of Texas (go Longhorns!). I graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in business. Afterwards, I continued on at UT and earned a Master’s degree from the LBJ School of Public Affairs in 1991. From there I started a career in system’s analysis and computer system training, working for Andersen Consulting and then the Office of the Attorney General. That led, down the road a bit, to my real estate career.
I am happily married to Bob Goodwin who works in property management.